May 29, 2007

Podcast

A couple of months back I was wondering what could be the most effective way of having my favourite shows, movies or music always with me on my Ipod and access them anytime and anywhere I wanted to, the solution came with this new topic: Podcasting!!
Basically, all the files are obtained online via RSS feeds and these files are played on devices such as Ipod and others.
My favourites are:
http://biblestudypodcasts.org/
http://blog.pandora.com/archives/podcast/2007/03/reggae_ska_rock.html
http://www.dubsession.com/podcastbroadcast.htm

The all experience has been really cool and i don't see myself loose track despite all the daily loads of school work, i still afford a moment of enjoyment thanks to podcasting.
The first podcaster has some pretty interesting themes and above all has a bible study programme.
The last two webcast some of the hot juicy reggae music that i can't do without.
With the evolution of science I think there are new ways of living we should emulate and adopt technologies that are sustainable. I buy audiobooks, not because i don't like reading but it's a whole way of saving a couple trees from being cut...I've decided to go green!!
My main source of audiobooks is audible.com ; i get my audio sport magazines and other TV shows.
I'm very picky when it comes to audiobooks since i don't get them for free!! I'm very specific on whatever i wanna get but they always meeant for entertainment and less educational.
The all idea of audiobook is really great but the only problem, the coolest audiobooks aren't always free!! the free ones aren't of good quality.
One of the biggest problem i've come across since starting getting podcasts has been the space to store them, my Ipod is almost full and my laptop as well, i had to get an external harddrive meant only for all these files!!
Some offerings and purchases plans of the sites i looked at were pretty interesting but i discovered that the cheaper the plans, the less quality product you get out of them.

No comments: